A multicultural workforce
The diversity of Vilmorin-Mikado’ workforce has enabled it to make a real commitment to its customers. Working for Vilmorin-Mikado means joining Limagrain – a multicultural, international group present in 55 countries – and sharing our values of progress, perseverance and cooperation. Our geographical, cultural and professional diversity provides a wealth of opportunities. Find out more below.
Local Product Promoter
CONTEXT OF THE ROLE
This job falls within the framework of the company development strategy defined by the Sales Department, in accordance with the general policy of the company.
For the zone(s) of Salinas Area, the job involves assisting the Product development manager in:
- Coordinating the launch of new varieties,
- Managing the range of products and supporting sales actions,
- Monitoring the market,
- Challenging the forecasts for new varieties.
Ideal candidate will assist the Product Development Manager with the following activities:
- Allocate the availability of seed samples of each variety for the development trials within its area & segment.
- Schedule, coordinate and implement development trials of DV1 and DV2 (sometimes T3 with marketing) in their area & segment with the following objectives:
‐ to judge the agronomic performance and the adaptability of a variety in comparison to leading varieties within the market
‐ to evaluate the adaptability of the variety with respect to the target distribution and consumption chains
‐ Identify the competitive advantages, the selling points and the challenges to overcome
- Carry out and update market research studies (segmentation, analysis of the competition, tracking and identification of the dynamic forces that drive change). To continuously improve the knowledge of the market by type of client with the objective of contributing to the development of business plans and strategic plans.
- Organize the promotional events developed and conducted for the benefit of both direct and indirect clients. To organize market visits for clients.
• Technical knowledge of the field and the plant seed business,
• Knowledge of the market and the customers,
• Knowledge of the IT tools and applications used in the business,
• Languages: English is a must, Spanish a plus.
• Analysis and synthesis,
• Commercial spirit,
• Professional autonomy and mobility,
• Thoroughness and reliability,
• Positive attitude.